Inspired cleaning...

...of the oven which to my shame hasn't ever been cleaned all the years that we've moved in here - and I'm not entirely sure the previous owners did before they sold either... I've been yearning for a new oven - this is a fully gas one and whilst it's quirky (the light inside can be temperamental), it's still working fine and looking at the prices of new gas ovens (O my!) I decided to go with the old adage that things always look better when you give it a good clean... so I embarked on my mission...
Took out all the racks (grease caked) and soaked them in HOT water with dishwashing liquid in the laundry tub (they wouldn't fit in the kitchen sink) - had to do this twice after scrubbing because first soak didn't seem to get rid of all that grease and grime...
Cleaned the outside with just soapy water.
The deep cavernous inside... BEFORE...
Noted areas where paint had peeled off and rust was appearing... googled if it was possible to repaint ovens and turns out you can but you have to use special heat resistant paint... must research this at Bunnings (hardware store) - might turn the outside white (or as white as can be anyway)
After a decent scrub...
Sparkling... well as far as I can see anyway... almost too clean to use...
And to christen the now 'new' oven... we embark on some savoury muffins...
Olives, ham, cheese...

Comments