A king single fitted sheet from a queen flat sheet

The problem with a King Single bed is that sheets of that nature are difficult to source at Op Shops.  It's such an odd size (wider AND longer).  I did have Queen flat sheets sitting around so I thought I'd trial making a fitted sheet with the knifed corners.

Takes quite a bit of mathematical calculation... so I drew it out to work out what fits where...

Knifed the corners - didn't add elastic in the corners - maybe next time??  This was a trial after all...

And it fits!  The old flat sheet that used to sit on the bed which shifted after every sleep was sent to the wash - and now that I've done it once - I can just follow the pattern and do it again...

Took the opportunity to tidy up his room and dust it... it wasn't presentable beforehand...and it now is...

Comments