Finally...liquid soap

After months of dithering, crunch time came when our store bought liquid soap in the squirt dispensers started to run dry... so I took a deep breath and attempted to make a batch following these instructions

After leaving it overnight to thicken...

Decanting into a salvaged apple juice bottle

And another pump pack container that used to contain shower gel

Labelled just in case there was any doubt
Verdict : it feels like liquid soap but without the bubbles.  It cleans just as well though.  I wonder if it will work as well as shampoo?  I'll be using this in our soap dispensers in the toilets and in the shower as 'soap'.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I may just try a batch of cold pressed soap (as suggested by Rhonda from Down to Earth next.

Comments