Thursday, 25 July 2013

Re-building the passionfruit trellis

As mentioned here - the existing passionfruit trellis devoid of the chicken housing has taken on a scary lean on it and with every storm or gale that comes through Sydney I pray with bated breath that it will hold firm whilst all the passionfruit are still resolutely clinging onto the vine... well I decided that today was the day it would go... despite lots of passionfruit still being on the vine - I wasn't risking the structure collapsing in the wind...
So I harvested all the remaining passionfruit knowing full well that a lot of them will not be edible but some will be...

Took the whole structure down after cutting the vine right back...and debated what I should do to replace the structure with...

And this was the result... with all the existing galvanized fence panels lying around - I took the opportunity to tidy up the wood pile as well... planted out the side with Dietes from another part of the garden...

Moved the compost bin here - it was hidden next to the shed before...

The view back to the shed... the veggie garden is in dire need of a spruce up - I mean to use the treated pine sleepers to build a deck around the clothesline which is on sloping ground...

Added more bits and pieces - terracotta pots on the posts, a bouquet of artificial flowers stuck onto the fence.

Moved the large drum that I had bought a while back on ebay - it was originally meant to store water but it used to contain pickled onions and it still smells like it.  I have visions of it becoming a compost tumbler in time...using the wooden ladder leaning against the back of the structure as a frame...I'm finding it hard to turn the compost in the existing bin...it will be easier with the tumbler...

No comments:

Post a Comment