Saturday, 24 August 2013

Nearly there...

So finally - the bed's nearly there. I took his old bed apart and hastily tried to retro-fit everything (a single bed) into the new king size bed frame. I had to purchase some bits of wood. And then decided that because it was his birthday on Sunday - I didn't think a birthday boy should be sleeping on his old mattress on the floor, so decided to re-assemble the new bed (with slatted frame) in his room. At least then I could get his old single mattress back on and he wouldn't be sleeping on the floor...

The new bed - drawers still need handles - old single mattress back on.  New king size mattress to come...

Teenage boys tend to dump things on horizontal surfaces...

The old single bed head - it is actually the perfect size for a king single.  Still needs more painting done and I'm hoping to put more slats on the front which will open up to fit extra pillows behind the space.  I think I'll leave it for next week to do... cleaning up and re-organizing his room is in order I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment