It's sad when it has to come to this...

Last night when Frank and I decided to go on our night walk, we stopped in horror to see water gushing down the driveway. At first I thought there was a burst pipe but on further investigation noted that someone had turned the tap in our front yard on and had forgotten to turn it off. It wasn't just a drip... it was gushing... so I made a trip to Bunnings this morning to find a remedy...

Out with the old...

In with the new...

Refurbished garden tap in the front yard...

It's right by the pavement hidden amongst the azalea...

On a brighter note, one of my neighbours was tossing out these concrete edging sections.  I moved them to hold the mulch back... I think it needs a coat of paint to blend it in more...

Comments

  1. Gee Lilian, your neighbourhood is about as good as mine! :) That should solve the problem though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh - I wouldn't have minded someone taking a drink or watering their pets on the walk home from the park but to leave it gushing (not even turning it off) was too much. If Frank and I hadn't gone for our walk it would've been running all night... goodness knows what our water bill will be when we next see it :( hence this rather drastic solution.

      Delete

Post a Comment