Aunt Jen's baby sweater...

A dear friend of ours at church has just had her first baby girl... so I set about crocheting a sweater/cardigan for her.  Found this pattern - Aunt Jen's sweater on Ravelry and set about using leftover wool from other projects...

Started with a pink one... I omitted the sleeves with this first attempt.  Nice for those chilly morning starts seeing the weather will only get warmer...

It was so quick to crochet that I embarked on another larger one (and added contrasting colours)... when I finished the pink one (supposed to be sized for a newborn) I kept wondering if it was on the small side... it's been a while since I've held a newborn... you do forget how tiny they are when they first arrive :)

Added buttons - I love it!  I think I'm on a roll... those leftover balls of wool will have a purpose now!  Always handy to have these already finished and ready to go when the need calls for a baby present.

Comments