At our local church food and fun fair...
Friday, 30 May 2014
I was never fully happy with the clothes dryer cupboard with the ill fitting lid. Until I scored a heap of mismatched bits and pieces of Ikea off ebay from someone. There are parts which would ultimately end up in the kitchen but there was a table top that fitted better so I used that instead. I took the opportunity to move the buffet that was there into the laundry and move the cupboard there outside (I have other plans for this pine cupboard but only after I have finished with the study built ins). Vacuumed and tidied up and am pleased with the interim result.
Monday, 26 May 2014
Wednesday, 21 May 2014
Tuesday, 20 May 2014
Took me a while. It is a queen size after all, so large that I had to pin it on our bed! Backed with a fleece blanket that we never use and just tied. Similar colours to Ethan's quilt (I really liked how the brown binding sat with the blues, red and creams so I repeated it here). Added a tag with their wedding date. And after that I had the dilemma of how to wrap it...didn't have a suitable bag handy so decided to use up scraps of the same material and and sew up a round bottom drawstring bag similar to a sleeping bag cover...and went with the whole repurposing theme and cut out the top of the invite (which would've ended up in the recycle bin anyway), printed out our well wishes and glued it to the back, punched a hole through the card and tied it with a ribbon I had saved for exactly this occasion. I am immensely satisfied with the finished product!
Saturday, 17 May 2014
Tuesday, 13 May 2014
Going with the study remodel and tidy up...I retrofitted a keyboard tray drawer (from a shelf) which would allow me to sit further away from the table when typing. It saves me from knocking my knees against the computer equipment under the shelf which holds the monitor. Pic 1 is the original set up. Pic 2 is the shelf closed. Pic 3 is the shelf open.
Friday, 9 May 2014
The study is by far the least tidy of all our rooms. I did a major cleanout of accumulated paper (more needs to be done still) and then painted some Ivar items white. The two tone effect is quite fetching. I might just extend it to the rest of the room. And whilst I was at it I decided to sew a new chair pad with what I had around the house already. So much better already!